Alabama Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors

EI Certification Applications

Changes effective with the January 2014 exam -- The exam will transition to Computer Based Testing (CBT). You will no longer apply with the Alabama Board first. You will apply with NCEES and set the exam date when you register. If after passing the exam you want to be certified as an Engineer Intern in Alabama, you would then make application with us for certification. For more information on CBT testing, go to

All the forms listed below can be typed in the PDF format. Just click where you want to start typing. However, they cannot be saved. You must print them when you finish typing them. Additional information can be found on the Dates & Deadlines and Exam Information pages.

Requirements for EI Certification

EI Forms

Application1(NOTE: Starting August 23 the link to the application will be removed as we transition to the new database)

Experience Verification Form3


Supplemental Instructions3

Request for Board Evaluation
of Transcript Related Science Form

Supplemental Experience Application3
(must be typed)

1You will only make application to the Alabama Board if after passing the exam you want to become certified as a Engineer Intern in Alabama.

2(only for someone who has a BS in Related Science and an accredited MS in engineering) -- This form must be submitted with the application. Check the filing deadlines under Dates & Deadlines above.

3Unaccredited Engineering & Related Science Graduates – These forms are to be submitted along with the Application form and fee after you pass the FE exam.