Alabama Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors

Licensee Resources

License Renewal

Online License Renewal for PE and LS Licenses and Certificate of Authorizations

Reprint Renewal Card

Reprint Renewal Card.

PE or PLS Retired Title Request

An individual who has been issued a professional engineer or a professional land surveyor license and chooses to relinquish or not to renew the license may be granted use of the title "Professional Engineer, Retired" or "Professional Land Surveyor, Retired".


License Reinstatement Application for PE, PLS and Interns.

Change of Address for Individuals

Complete the form to update your address in the State database.

Continuing Education Log

View and/or update your Continuing Education courses. If you renew your license online, the activities will automatically be reflected on your continuing education page during the license renewal process.

Individual License Search

To find contact information and the license status for individual engineers and land surveyors. PDH carryover hours are also displayed.

Verification of Licensure Form

Use this link if you need to have your license verified to another state. You must create an NCEES account in order to request a Verification of Licensure.

Duplicate Certificate Requests

Complete the paper form for duplicate certificate request for PE or PLS.

Standards of Practice for Surveying in Alabama

Standards of Practice for Surveying in Alabama.

Handbook for Building Officials

Handbook for Building Officials.

Qualification Based Selection (QBS)

Qualification Based Selection (QBS) Requirements.

Hot Topics

These topics of interest may impact your license and relate to your area of practice.

Frequently Asked Questions